The Kestrel 5000 replaced the Kestrel 4000
You won't get a 'better' temperature reading, wind reading, etc, or even more readings than available on the 4000... still the same quality USA made meter backed by a 5 year warranty. Don't feel the need to rush out and replace your old one, but.... there are some advantages that may or may not effect you.
- Bluetooth LINK work with PC/Mac via Dongle.
- Bluetooth LINK to Smartphones / Mobiel / Android / IOS
- Takes 1 AA battery (instead of 2 AAA)
- Battery door is in the back, sealed away from the motherboard, should your battery leak as was common with all the 4000 series. All 5000 battery doors are the same and interchangeable.
- Slightly larger and improved higher contrast / resolution screen for any lighting (even sunlight) and easy on your eyes.
- Intuitive user-interface screen navigation
- Multiple Languages (English, French, German, Spanish)
- Scratch and breakage-resistant window
- All meters include both options of Red (NV - Night Vision) & White backlights.
- Slightly bigger, more robust, though not really noticeable difference.
- Roughly 10,000 data points. 4000 series all had under 5000 data points.
- Barometric pressure
- Pressure trend
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Dew point
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Waterproof and floats
- Easy to read, backlit screen with high resolution for even bright sunny conditions.
- Time and date
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can soon be calibrated in the field via cable or Dongle.
- Minimum, maximum, and average values
- Automatically store measurements, even when the unit is turned off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 10,000 data points
- Graph and recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload (with optional interface or Bluetooth)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
Product Dimensions (mm): 127 x 45 x 28
Package Dimensions (mm): 0 x 0 x 0